Saturday, February 9, 2013

Canvas Art

When we moved into the house we were in need of some cheap art for the walls. Pinterest is full of ideas for DIY canvas art, so that is what I did!

First, I did chevron art for one of the spare bedrooms inspired by this link.


I didn't get any in-progress pictures of this project but I used 2 different sizes of painter's tape and a square to make the angles. I painted the purples on with a foam brush and used acrylic paint. If you look closely, the lines aren't perfect but they look great in the room.

Here they are hanging in the bedroom. 

For our bedroom, I used this link as a guide to make another canvas. 

I'm very bad at getting photos during projects apparently. But I used thick painter's tape and a level to get the lines relatively even (similar to the picture above). Then I used a foam brush and acrylic paint to paint the entire canvas. I was careful around the edges of tape so the paint didn't bleed through.

The final project hanging above our bed.

I did one more set of canvases for my mom for Christmas. I liked the flower idea from this blog but needed something bigger because the wall my mom plans on putting it on is large. First I painted both canvases with acrylic paint and the cut a ton of ovals out of scrapbook paper using an oval punch (this saved a ton of time). I laid out what I wanted the flower to look like then started to glue the petals down starting at the center and working my way out. At the end, I went over the top with modge podge to seal it all in.


These will hang side by side in an extra bedroom at my mom's house. 

I have 2 canvases left from the multi-pack I bought so I'm trying to figure out a plan for them. One is going to hang on the other side of the bed, I just have to decide what I want to do with it.

No comments:

Post a Comment